Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reflecting

Ideas and Content
I really showed good ideas and content with my powerful quotes. I carefully chose them so they clearly represent the ideas I am presenting in essay. I also explain the contents of the quote and how it is significant. (eg.) “It must be by his death; and for my part, I know no personal cause to spurn at him, but for the general good.” Brutus is showing his honor to his country, because even though, he has no personal charges against Ceasar, he is willing to kill his friend for the good and freedom of his people. This caused mixed feelings between the people. In this example I really explain all the significance and content of the quote, but I could also improve my writing by putting more specific details, such as really taking apart the quotes.

Organization
My writing demonstrates appropriate organization because I always have the topic sentences and concluding sentences. I also organized my ideas in an appropriate order and have quotes in the appropriate places followed by an explanation which shows my understanding of what I am saying. I could still improve on making my transitions between ideas smoother.

Personal Growth
I note that my organization has improved. I have my ideas lay out in order and have appropriate topic and concluding sentences. I also improved in my punctuation. I have many less marks pointing out punctuation errors than in my alchemist essay. Another thing I improved on was spelling. In my alchemist essays I tended to have many silly spelling mistakes, where i left out letters in a word.

SLR Reflection
Reasoning critically
I used reasoning critically in my essay because it required to really look at the whole play and pick out the parts which are most significant. I also had to really think what sides of Brutus I was going to show. Then I had to explain why I chose specific quotes by explaining their significance and contents.

1 comment: